Tuesday 19 June 2012

Scott & Charlene's Wedding

Scott & Charlene's Wedding from Australia are The Twerps you might not have heard yet, but their time is right now.

After a garage rock start with 2010's homemade Para Vista Social Club lp - kinda like The Twerps with Black Eyes or either one of those Boomgates singles (something's really going on in Australia), and The Muslims' eponymous record - they've got one side of a split 12".

These five songs have the nagging insistence of Teenage Fanclub, the languid tunes of Real Estate (Alex Bleeker's songs, to be precise) and the trebly rebellion of The Modern Lovers’ Longbranch Saloon sound.

Scott & Charlene's Wedding - Gammy Leg by bedroom suck

Para Vista Social Club has got a reissue. It's worth the price for Footscray Station alone.

SCOTT & CHARLENE'S WEDDING - FOOTSCRAY STATION by Fuse Group Australia

3 comments:

  1. Suddenly, I'm hearing them ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi! Don't litter my blog with Angry Anderson references! Now buy the record as your penance!

      Delete
  2. hee hee :) I wondered if you'd get that one!

    I ordered the record ages ago when Volcanic Tongue first listed it but it was sold out. Apparently, my copy arrived a week or so back. I nipped along to pick it up last Saturday but found them closed. Ah well, this Saturday. I really like the split with Peak Twins, too. I don't have it but will do soon...

    cheers, brogues

    ReplyDelete